The Hong Kong Network Operators’ Group (HKNOG)
HKNOG 8.0 Conference 2019
Hong Kong, 6th September 2019
CALL FOR PAPER
The HKNOG Program Committee is now seeking contributions for Presentations for HKNOG 8.0.
We are looking for presenters who would:
– Offer a technical presentation on an appropriate topic;
– Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker.
Please submit on-line at:
Call for Papers Opens 4 Jun 2019
First Draft Program Published 12 Jul 2019
Final Deadline for Submissions 26 Jul 2019
Final Program Published 9 Aug 2019
Final Slides Received 23 Aug 2019
Conference Starts 6 Sep 2019
The HKNOG 8.0 agenda and program is organised as a plenary conference.
Topics for the conference must be relevant to Internet Operations and Technologies:
– IPv4 / IPv6 Routing and operations
– IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
– Internet backbone operations
– ISP and Carrier services
– IXPs and Peering
– Research on Internet Operations and Deployment
– The Hong Kong Internet
– Network security topics (NSP-SEC, DDoS trend, Anti-Spam, Botnet detection)
– DNS / DNSSEC
– Internet policy (Security, Regulation, Content Management, Addressing, etc)
– Access and Transport Technologies, including Cable/DSL, 3G/LTE/5G, FTTH, Wireless, Metro Ethernet, Fibre Optics, MPLS
– Content & Service Delivery (Multicast, Voice, Video, Telepresence, Gaming) and Cloud Computing
– Software Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
– Data Center
– Satellite Communications
– Submarine Cable Networks
Draft slides for the conference sessions MUST be provided with CfP submissions otherwise the Program Committee will be unable to review the submission. For work in progress, the most current information available at time of submission is acceptable.
All draft and complete slides must be submitted in PDF or PPT format only.
Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline for publication on the HKNOG website.
Prospective presenters should note that the majority of speaking slots will be filled well before the final submission deadline. The Program Committee will retain a limited number of slots up to the final submission deadline for presentations that are exceptionally timely, important, or of critical operational importance.
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Program Committee by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals.
HKNOG Program Committee